Always keep in mind that email is *not* private, so be aware of what you send, attachments you open, links that you click on!
- Make sure to use proper grammar and always spell check before sending
- Respond to emails in a timely fashion; generally the professional rule of thumb is to respond within one business day
- Always read the message from a sender in its entirety before responding
- Avoid typing in all capital letters
- Before clicking on send, always give your message one final glance-over
- Make sure to have descriptive, yet simple subject lines
- Use only your Southwest Traders email address for business communication
- Avoid hitting “Reply to All” when responding to email
- Use artwork that can be seen below in my signature
- No clipart
Proper Use of Carbon Copy (CC) and Blind Carbon Copy (BCC)
- When copying recipients on an email, ensure the message concerns them
- Use BCC sparingly and if the topic is that sensitive, consider taking the conversation off-line either in person or over the telephone
When to Forward
- Before you forward a message, ensure it is relevant to the recipient and has a purpose
- Never forward confidential information
- Never forward internal, proprietary communication to external or unauthorized recipients outside the company
- Never forward “chain” emails
- Always keep in mind that email is *not* private, so be aware of what you send, attachments you open, links you click on!
- Email is not always appropriate, sometimes a face-to-face or phone discussion is needed and/or required.